Saturday, October 6, 2007

SURGE '07



What a great night!! Everything went so well...and we had a ton of kids. I'm not sure on the exact number but it was about 200 (+). We counted 100 visitor tickets (each visitor got a ticket for an IPOD drawing). The decorations looked great and the "Hawaiian Luau" theme was awesome. I'm so excited that youth from our area were able to come out, have fun, and get a clear presentation of the Gospel. I know that Hylke put a lot of time and effort into this event; it was such a sweet payoff for him to get to pray with some new students last night.

Last night was coooold. Here's a picture of Noah all bundled up. My friend's mom made this for him and it came in so handy for our chilly night. He kept me so warm! :)




This morning after Noah woke up from his nap I brought him to where Hylke was playing some worship songs on his guitar, Noah loved listening to him. Hylke played the guitar so much for Noah while I was pregnant...this picture is so sweet.

Noah just start "laughing" more. He's had a giggle for awhile, but lately it's really developed into a laugh. Here's a video of him laughing with me today. Ignore my hair, it was up in a towel when we started and I just took the towel off, but hadn't brushed it since my shower...it's a bit of a rats nest. :) Enjoy watching our little boy laugh.

We're off to a birthday party today...then maybe some housecleaning and packing tonight! I'm so excited for our vacation next week. It will be some well deserved rest for my sweet husband, and a great time for the 3 of us to get away and enjoy time together in the sun. Tomorrow we are going up to Oak Glen for apple picking. I'm not sure if we'll pick or just eat. :) They have the best apple pie and cider. I'll be sure to post some pics.

Off for now.

2 comments:

The McComb Family said...

Hi Jodie! Welcome to Blog-land. I don't know if you have our blog, so here it is! We are not the best at updating, there are some cute pics and videos of Quinn Noelle though. I have to say that Noah is a super cute laugher! Praise God about the outreach! I look forward to blogging with you.-Kate

Amy said...

My sweet nephew is so cute! Love the laughing!