Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rice Cereal

Today was a big day...Noah got RICE CEREAL!! At his 4 month check-up the doctor told us that we could begin giving Noah cereal anytime. I wasn't sure when I'd actually begin, I just decided to wait until I thought he was ready. Lately he's seemed a bit more hungry and has actually started waking up much earlier to eat (and chows down!!) I also started noticing him watch me eat and try and grab my food. So, today we decided to give i a try. 1 T of rice cereal after his 5:30 feeding. At first he wasn't quite sure about it, but by the end he was grabbing my hand and shoving it in his mouth. :) Hylke was taking pics...some turned out blurry, but you'll get the idea. Noah looks soooo chubby in this first picture...it cracks me up!

He kept grabbing my hand, and the cereal was going everywhere!!! It ended up all over him. This is after we had already wiped him down a couple times. :)

I'm not sure if you can tell, but in this picture, Noah is grabbing my hand and pulling it into his mouth!


Well, since he's now knocked out (just a little nap before bedtime) I should probably clean up all the dishes from dinner. Hylke is leading worship for the College group tonight, so it's just me and the little one at home. I'll try to get everything done before daddy gets home!

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOL!! I'm glad he liked it... feeding those two boys is going to break you one day :)

The McComb Family said...

Hey Jodie! Happy bday to you! I hope you had a great day! Are you trying to have two kids before you are 30? Joe wanted that, but he changed his mind. LOL. Noah is super cute eating his cereal! He looks like he is NOT going to be picky!

Julie D. said...

so stinkin cute. Since you don't think he likes it anymore...oatmeal tastes a little better...and as soon as you add those fruits, he is sure to gobble it up. Have fun!!