Friday, January 2, 2009

2 months

Two months from today we will be welcoming Elliana Joy into our family. Wow! I am feeling very pregnant these days and at times I can't imagine her growing for 8 more weeks. Where will she fit?!? At the same time, I can't believe that there are only 8 more weeks until she's here. Will we really be a family of four?

On a different note, we just returned home from 4 days in Lake Arrowhead with my sister and her family. We had a wonderful time. Our cabin was nice and cozy and we had the best area for sledding just a walk away. And, we had it all to ourselves!! All three of the kids had a blast sledding and playing in the snow; Isabella was even able to go down the "slopes" all by herself! When did she get so big??? Noah had the best time with his cousins...he just loves them to death.

We planned out a detailed menu for each of our meals and brought everything we needed to have a very relaxing and very comfortable trip. I baked some ahead of time so we had more goodies than any of us could eat (though we did our very best..) we also made sure to pack enough tea, hot coco and coffee to warm us all up after a long day in the cold air.

Our cabin was just the right size...Amy, Alex and the girls shared the loft (which had 3 beds and a set of bunk beds) and Hylke, Noah and I shared the main bedroom downstairs. Once we figured out how to get heat to the game room we had a fun time playing pool and air hockey....even the kiddos hit some balls.

As soon as I upload my pics (and get the ones my sis took) I'll be sure to post some. In the meantime, it's back to unpacking and putting away. :)

No comments: