Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


It's 7:15am, Christmas Eve, and I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea in front of the Christmas tree, in the quiet and stillness that comes while my two favorite boys are sleeping. There has been hustle and bustle the past couple days ...well-weeks, preparing for this wonderful holiday. Today, however, as we really begin to celebrate Christmas, I am determined to sit back and really enjoy it all. I will think upon our Savior's birth and meditate on how His birth in a manger, over 2000 years ago, has changed my life forever. And today, although I am celebrating His birth, I cannot help but remember His death and resurrection...the two events that have given me LIFE. Yes, it's fun to spend time with family, exchanging gifts, laughing, eating and making memories. But may we not forget the greatest gift that we were given, in the form of a sweet baby, Jesus.


I'm pretty certain I won't be online tomorrow to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. So, from my family, to yours...Merry Christmas. And, if you haven't taken the time to think upon the birth of our Savior, make sure you don't let this holiday pass by without taking time to meditate on the real significance of Christmas.

No comments: