Friday, August 29, 2008

Prenatal Visit #1

Today was my first official prenatal visit. It was a little bit later (I'm 12 w 5d) but we've been so busy lately the time flew by. The visit went well...I love the fact that I'm familiar with my OB; last time it took me some time to warm up to him, this time was great. The nurse was asking about Noah, and even the Dr. wanted to know how he was doing and said, "say hi to your son for me". :)

He said that the heartbeat sounded great, very strong. I will go in later today for an ultrasound just to make sure our dates are all accurate (trust me, I know the dates are accurate!! :))

I'm starting to feel a little more comfy in maternity pants....wow, already?!?! It's so nice that maternity clothes these days don't scream "MATERNITY PANTS!" The styles are so trendy...it makes for a smooth transition from regular clothes to maternity. (i'm laughing at myself b/c although I say that maternity clothes are trendy, I'm lounging around in baggy cotton capris...sooooo trendy!)

I have gained 3 lbs. It's great that my pregnancy has been uneventful (only mild nausea and of course fatigue) but I must admit, I sometimes get jealous of my friends who loose weight their first trimester....shame on me....i know!!! But, 3 lbs isn't terrible. Our scale and the dr.'s actually gave the same reading...a first.

I'm going to have to take my first belly shot soon....keep your eye out.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like a good visit!