Sunday, July 27, 2008

10 year (ehhh...11 year) reunion

Last night Hylke and I attended my "10 year" reunion...but it's been 11 years! :) The ball was dropped for the 10 year, but better late than never, right? I wasn't sure what to expect and originally wasn't planning on attending. But, after a change in venue and price we decided to attend! I am so glad we went!! It was so much fun catching up with everyone! There were some friends i'd kept in touch with over the years and others I hadn't seen since graduation (or shortly thereafter). Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so I'm waiting on friends to e-mail some pics from the night. It was held at Sampa, a Brazillian steakhouse on Ventura Blvd. in Encino, a great venue for the night. The laid back atmostphere made it so easy to catch up and laugh with friends. We were given back letters that we wrote ourselves just before graduation in which we wrote where we saw ourselves in 10 years and what we hoped we'd have accomplished. Mine was pretty close to where I am now. I wanted to have married a man who loves the Lord, have 1 or 2 small children, kept in touch with some special friends, and not have waivered in my faith. I thought I'd have a degree in nursing, but instead I have a degree in counseling. I want to write myself a letter for my 20 year reunion! :) I'll post pics when I get some.

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

can't wait to see pics. glad you had a great time!