Wednesday, July 1, 2009

my own fault

When I look in the mirror (or at the scale) I'm definitely NOT where I want to be. However, I take full responsibility for where I am. I could have buckled down once I had Elliana (or Noah for that matter *wink, wink*) and taken getting back into shape very seriously...but to be honest...I just didn't. Oh, in my mind I did...but in my diet and exercise, I haven't. I have a million reasons (excuses) why it's taken so long...but really, the only reason is because it wasn't a priority...even if I thought it was.

So many of my friends have inspired me---without even knowing it! First, my sister. WOW! She is an animal!! Amy, I am so proud of how far you've come...and your committment to getting/staying in shape. Julie, you always inspire me. I'm encouraged by your honesty and your committment to the same...thanks for being real. Janna, you are such an encouragement too..it's nice to know I'm not alone on this mommy journey! All of you have worked hard to get where you want to be...or atleast are in the process of doing so...and it is very encouraging. I can do it too. :)

Tonight I went on my first run. I've talked about it for awhile now...tonight I just decided it was time. It was good. Hard, but refreshing. I think the anticipation of it was one of the hardest parts...I had no idea how i'd do. I think I surprised myself.

So, thank you friends, for sharing your journeys with me...each of them has challenged/encouraged and inspired me. And...I think you are all some of the most beautiful women I know. Ok, I'm done being sappy. ;)

4 comments:

Julie D. said...

i say its 'my own fault' all the time. I can be really great at the exercise but if i can't get ahold of my obsession for food, it's a wash. Lately...it's definitely been a wash. thanks for your sweet words. You can do it!! so proud of you getting out there. I always say that us moms ROCK...because its about 10X harder to get out there with kiddos. We are pretty freakin amazing if I dare say so myself! :) ha! What you just did is the hardest part! It just gets easier from here. Way to go!!!

Lisa said...

Jodie, You can totally do this! It's something I completely struggle with as well...seemingly a losing battle! There's always an excuse ready to not eat right or exercise, but it feels sooo good when you do!! Best of luck!

Megan said...

Congrats girl! I wish I had your motivation! Keep going on those runs!

ps i love the pic at the top of your blog!

Amy said...

Just seeing this.. so proud of you!! You can so do this!