Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day

We had a wonderful day yesterday! Hylke always has Thursdays off so it was great to have him home on Valentines Day. We started the day and ended the day with some of the yummiest food. For breakfast I made some delicious cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting...mmmm. For dinner (which Hylke took care of all by himself!!!) we had some juicy steak, baked potatoes, asparagus and salad! For those of you who know my dutch sweetheart, his kitchen skills are very limited (though his grilling skills are superb!); what an extra special treat it was when he announced that dinner would be taken care of. He did everything from the grocery shopping, to the cleaning up! I must say that he did an outstanding job in the kitchen...but don't worry babe, I won't put you to work full time. ;) And to close off the evening, we had a yummy "pizzookie" for dessert (ok, I made that). Since Noah goes down at 7pm (well, 6:45 last night :)) we decided to hold off on dinner until he was down. It was special to have a wonderful dinner, and adult conversation, in the comfort of our own home. Oh, I forgot to mention the gorgeous roses I came home to after a visit with some friends. I truly have the best Valentine ever! I love you, Hylke!

No comments: