Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Minnesota

Last week Hylke and I left the kiddos and headed to Minnesota for our dear friends wedding. We took a red eye early Thursday morning and returned Sunday afternoon. We had so much fun with our college friends. We all (well, most of us) rented a house and spent lots of time laughing, sharing and crying (mostly from the laughing). It had been 5 or 6 years since we'd seen most of these friends, and yet, it was though no time had passed at all. The group of us came from California, Illinois, Virgina, Massachusetts, Ohio and Yemen! I got to know some new girls while the guys spent a night camping. Girl time anywhere is a good time. :) One thing I've realized this summer (actually...I've always known) I'm terrible at taking pictures. I bring my camera, and never take pictures. I never remember extra charged batteries and I really don't know the best settings on my camera. All that to say...here are some pictures of our weekend...unfortunately there aren't many great pictures!
Hylke and Jamie at the rehearsal:

The kiss
one of the few of just us

The first dance

After a night full of dancing. We were soooo gross!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Jodie, I just love that picture of the two of you! And, unrelated, feel free to pass along some of your gardening extras to us! We will give you some pomegranites when they are ready :)

Jodie said...

Ok!! You're home now??

Zek's Mom said...

Hey Jodie if you send me your email I will send you some more pics from Tim's wedding! Hope you all are doing well!!!! Elisa